And by the way, I had no time earlier today to do the news. This is the latest I've ever done it: It's so late that the date at the top is the actual date in Hawaii. Had I done the news instead of my work, I'd have had no job. No is sometimes not such a good word.
- US President Barack Obama's visit to South Korea continues for second day
- Obama, meeting with ROK President Lee Myungbak in Seoul, embraces South Korean leader's "grand bargain" as a means of dealing with North Korea (LAT, WaPo, Reuters via WaPo, Bloomberg, Donga Ilbo)
- Obama reaffirms his intention to complete long-stalled free-trade agreement with South Korea (NYT, Korea Times); seeks to allay Detroit concerns over FTA (Bloomberg)
- ROK Foreign Minister rules out new negotiations with US over FTA (AP via WaPo, Yonhap, UPI, Korea Herald)
- Obama greets US troops at Osan Air Base, reaffirms security commitment to South Korea (ABC News, AP via WaPo, Korea Times)
- Obama says he will send envoy to North Korea on December 8 (NYT, CNN, Joongang Daily)
- Obama's visit free of major protests (Washington Times, WSJ)